So today is awesome Easter! We're going to Josh's brother's house for Easter dinner. They "invest" in stuff and just bought at 1.3 million dollar home in Lehi or something.
I'm bringing Strawberry Almond Salad. It was going to have some other kind of nut in it, but my mom gave me some almonds for free (and the strawberries too-- thanks mom!) so that's what's going in it.
I also put in mushrooms, spinach, red lettuce, and red onion. I bought some Strawberry salad dressing. I'm hoping it's a huge hit at the dinner. It looks really pretty with so many different colors: red, purple, white, green, brown (almonds). I can't wait to eat it!
I'm also making a coconut banana bread/cake. It's basically banana bread (from scratch) with a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut in it, and instead of putting it in a loaf pan I put it in a bunt pan (the kind with the hole in the middle) and I plan to drizzle some powdered sugar mixed with milk kind of glaze over it and put more coconut on top of it.
When I bring stuff to family parties I try to go all out. I'm sure you all remember the lemon squares with real slices of lemon in them! :)
I especially try to make good stuff for Josh's family stuff because -his sister-in-law prides herself in being such a good cook. (she really is good). It would be nice if she was impressed with my cooking too. Although something tells me if I brought the lemon squares with real slices of lemon in them she probably would not ask for the recipe. Josh loved them though and that's who I try to impress the most!
I hope it all turns out yummy!!!
2 comments:
How could I forget the lemon squares. So authentic, you'd swear you where eating a real lemon!
You should cook for me so i can be impressed..I have eaten your cooking and if i remember right it was really good, but lets refresh my memory?
Post a Comment