
Wednesday we said goodbye to Syesha Makado on American Idol. Now I knew she wasn't going to win, so I didn't mind seeing her go. Although I think she did a great job and I really enjoyed her. The best thing about her was that she lost so gracefully. No crying and walking away from the camera as they try to take a close-up of you (Brooke. You know you did that). I appreciate that she smiled then sang her heart out. And of all three AI contestants left I felt like she was the only one who, when they went home, realized that they were now a role-model to children everywhere. Both Davids were touched, but it was still all about them. Syesha came from a home with an alcoholic father. I think she realized the importance of positive role models in her life. (Even if at times she was the biggest ham on the show).
(Picture Mayor Snarr in a flag cowboy shirt and long mustache that's manacured like wiskers coming out of his face.)Speaking of their home-comings. I'm just going to say it. Mayor Snarr, thank you for making Utah look like it is full of hicks and freaks. Luckily Syesha's mayor tried to do a cartwheel or something, which made us look a little better. I found myself being envious of David Cook for having such a professional-looking mayor. I know a lot of people have been talking about this, but I haven't seen it on anyone's blog and I feel it needs to be said. Sadly, Mayor Snarr is probably my old neighbor's brother, whose children I played with as a child, which I am embarrassed to admit because that makes me seem like a Hick by association. And I know I don't need help on this issue. I already live by some sheep, horses, and emus (of all things!).
So now it's the battle of the Davids. I am routing for David Cook. I'm wondering if High School Musical 3 will have time to re-write their script to add David Archuletta. I can just see him in that movie, plus he already lives in Utah. I heard they've already started to film at East High School.
1 comment:
Esther- Mayor Snarr is actually your old neighbor's cousin. And he is actually very well liked here in Murray. I think he is an awesome mayor!
Post a Comment