Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hives update 2

So I think I owe a big appology to Brandi and Tim because I think I might actually be allergic to mangos. But it just happened so suddenly! One day I'm eating a Mega Mango smoothy from Jamba Juice and I'm totally fine. The next day I make Mango ice cream and break out in hives. It was something in the icecream because I ate it 2 more times just to see if I would break out in hives again and I did.

It's still possible that it was the raw eggs in the ice cream. I've heard people can be allergic to egg whites. If I'm allergic to egg whites that means I can't get the flu shot anymore because they mix the dead flu virus in egg whites. I don't know what's worse, being allergic to mangos or egg whites.

5 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Esther, I know that your hives are probably making you miserable and I am sorry. But, I find this entire thing to be very comical.

brandi (and tim) said...

As always, Abe speaks for all of us. Sorry to hear about the relapses, but at least it sounds like now you know. And knowing is half the battle. If it makes you feel better, I get hives if my skin gets cold! No wonder we moved to Vegas.

cuz t.

Esther said...

I haven't had a relapse lately. I just sort of figured out what caused it. Either Eggs or Mangos.

Heather and Jake said...

Esther-

I bet it would help if you stopped eating Mangos! Now that you know it is caused by Mangos, if you don't want to have anymore hives I really suggest you stop eating things with Mango.

Jacob

Phoebe said...

Hey Esther will you call me. I want to ask you something and the phone number I have for you is no good.