Give me an "S"! Give me a "W"!
What does that spell? Nothing really, but what it stands for is L.C.S.W. or Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Yesterday my L.C.S.W. license came in the mail. I'm not blowing my own horn, but as the Anchorman would say "I'm kind of a big deal."
What it took to get my LCSW:
- 2 years of graduate school at the U of U.
- Passing the L.C.S.W. test. It's a very hard test that many people take many times before they pass. You have to get a 70% to pass. I got a 76%
- Working 4000 hours (2 years) in the social work field
- 100 hours of Supervision
- Paying a fee for my license
Things I'll be able to do now that I have an L.C.S.W.:
- Supervise Social Work master students who are doing their internships at my work.
- Get a raise at both my jobs
- After 2 years of being an L.C.S.W. I will be able to supervise Certified Social Workers while they work towards getting their L.C.S.W.'s.
- That's about it.
That's my big news. It took a long time to get it. And the coolest thing about getting it right now is that usually, you have to renew your license every September of the even ending years, 2006, 2008, 2010 etc. regardless of when you get your license, but since I got it so close to the renewal time I don't have to renew it in September. I'm licensed until September 2010! Yeay me!
6 comments:
Yeah! Eshter. I am so proud of you. Great job! Many people have benefitted from your talents. I love you
Way to go you toot your little horn off, thats great. Way to go pretend i'm patting you on the back..
Congrats! That's awesome.
Congratulations! Do you realize that you are the most educated one in the family:) That is a lot of hard work,
Abe also has a master's degree and has to update his Continuing Education Credits every 2 years. I think he needs 40 every 2 years as well.
Hey Esther - No you deserve all the kudos. I never finished my master's. Almost, but I am about 10 credits short I think. No, you are the most educated in the family and you deserve all the praise you get.
Post a Comment