Thursday, July 31, 2008

Quantum Leap


After years of being off the air, my favorite show has returned to television, Quantum Leap. I was surprised to see that Josh had started to Tevo the show a few months ago. I was even more surprised to find out that Quantum Leap had been Josh's favorite television show as a teenager too.

It's fun to relive all the old memories of watching this show, especially with Josh because we didn't know each other when this show was originally on, yet it was both of our favorite show!

Last night I was watching Episode 48, in Season 3. Here is a synopsis:

"Glitter Rock - April 12, 1974"guest stars: Jonathan Gries [ Unknown ], Peter Noone [ Unknown ], Christian Hoff [ Unknown ], Michael Cerveris [ Unknown ], Robert Bauer [ Unknown ], Liza Whitcraft [ Unknown ]

Sam is a glitter rock star in danger of being stabbed to death after a performance, unless Sam can determine who, from a growing list of people, the real killer is. b: 10 Apr 91 pc: 66404 w:

NOTE: The group's make-up is similar to the makeup work by the rock group KISS.

I remember watching this episode with my dad. I remember because Al makes a reference to "The Who" and Sam didn't know who they were. I didn't get the joke when Al said "Strum your guitar like Peter Townsend." and Sam said "Who?"
Al: "Exactly!"
Sam: "Who?"
Al" "Peter Townsend from The Who."

My dad was cracking up laughing, while I felt much like Sam. I had never heard of The Who. It was before my time.

This time watching the episode I got the joke. I also noticed that Peter Noone of "Herman's Hermits" was in the episode.

It was funny because there is one scene when Sam is talking to Peter Noone and Peter Noone's song "Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter" is playing as elevator music in the background. I almost didn't notice it and had to rewind the te-vo just to make sure, but I was right. Funny how perspective changes as we get older. I know Peter Noone was still before my time, but at 30 I've probably known who he was for the past 8 years. But as a teenager I didn't know and didn't care. I would have never noticed his song playing in the background.

Just a thought I had as I watched the episode.

3 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

I will never forgive you for taping over my Get A Life episodes with your Quantum Leap. ugh

I will say that Quantum Leap is the best TV show ever about two guys that time travel.

The Yospe's said...

What other show is there about two guys that time travel? Bill and Ted's, but that's a movie (and I would argue it's better than leap)

Map Maker said...

I loved Quantum Leap. McGuyver was pretty awesome too.