Friday, August 15, 2008

Last Comic Standing. . . in Salt Lake



So on Wednesday, while I headed to a baby shower, Josh went to a local comedy club to watch two of his brothers take a stab and stand-up.
Josh said his brother Joel was "pretty good", but his brother Ian was "killing it" I believe was the term he used. Now I know for a fact that my brothers are probably just as funny, if not funnier than Josh's brothers, so why Abe doesn't do stand up I'll never know. . . But I digress. . .
So after Josh's brothers and a few other open-mike night contenders did their comedy sets, the announcer stated there would be one more comedian for the evening. Out comes Marcus! Marcus, second runner up of this season's Last Comic Standing. Second funniest person in the world, chosen from thousands who tried out for the show. And he probably would have won too, becoming the funniest person in the world, if the guys on that show hadn't kept challenging Iliza Schlezinger, and she didn't keep beating the pants off of them.
So Josh's brothers can now say that they have performed, not only on the same stage as the Second Funniest Person in the world, but that they did a comedy set with him. How cool is that?

5 comments:

Ike said...

Wo wo wo.

While I agree that this is an AWESOME story, I DO NOT agree that by coming in 2nd place on that horribly unfunny TV show makes you the 2nd funniest person in the world!

The funniest people in the world don't need reality shows to become famous.

The Yospe's said...

Agreed with Isaac. He is maybe the 2nd funniest on the show. Actually, most think he was the funniest but that NBC wanted to see a women win, and that's why they changed how the voting was done this year.

If winning the Last Comic Standing makes you the funniest person in the world, will you please name one of the past winners.

Do any of these names ring a bell?

Dat Phan, John Heffron, Alonzo Bodden, Josh Blue, and Jon Reep?

Didn't think so... all past "Last Comic" winners.

The Yospe's said...

Read the article here:

http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700250090,00.html

Esther said...

Although all of the previous winners have gone on to continue doing late night comedy club comedy. I have still heard of them all and remember them all.

Cheeseboy said...

The girl winner this year was kinda funny. The problem with LCS is that all the truly funny comics are already making money...doing standup comedy.

I would love to do stand up. In fact, I have done it a couple of times at parties and different occasions. I use to have a whole routine. I'd love to do it in a club sometime.

Good story though.