Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My Yummy lunch

Today is weigh-in day at Weight Watchers so I'm trying to eat light. For lunch I had the yummiest thing I've had in a long time.

I jammed the following things into a whole wheat pita:
Hummas (love it!)
Fresh Basil
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Radishes
Red Onion
Green Onion
Mediterranean Olives
and Sprouts

It was sooo delicious! I think there was really a cup of veggies bursting out of each side of the pita. I definately will be making that again.

I love hummas. If you've never tried it then you're missing out. It's delicious. I recommend buying the original hummas at Albertson's. It's in the special cheese section of the grocery store. You know, by the deli. It isn't cheese though. It's ground up Garbonzo beans, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.

I made my sandwhich with "instant" hummas which comes out of a box the consistency of cake mix, and I add 1 1/2 cups of water and olive oil. It's not as good as fresh hummas, but with all the veggies I couldn't really tell the difference.

Goooo Hummas!

2 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

oooh that sounds good, how much weight have you lost? We bought the weight watchers sclae last night, ryan and i are doing a biggest loser challenge, Game On!

Cheeseboy said...

Sounds so good, I would even eat it.