Thursday, September 11, 2008

Found it!

So after an ABSOLUTELY horendeous day at work yesterday where I practically had two nervous break downs due to two clients who relapsed (why two? Why couldn't it just be one? It's like a double whammy). . . . and coming home to a house full of plastic garbage bags full of all the junk we just moved (no boxes just bags, mind you). . . In fact Josh had piled the four boxes my brother Jordan gave us on top of the bags of junk. . . After all that, I had one bright spot in my day. I found two plug outlets in my bathroom! They are hidden in the circa 1930's lights in the bathroom, right in the sconce that holds the bulb. This means I can now blow dry my hair in the bathroom. Life is good. I was also able to unpack some food storage into our pantry. Which means I unpacked about 8 to 10 garbage bags full of "our junk we moved".

Then Josh and I drove to Tooele to meet with another couple who wanted to rent our townhome. Josh didn't want to go. The people who have been coming over were, lets say. . . less than ideal. We were trying to decide who to rent our home to. It was between the three groups who have come by so far: A couple, where the woman was about 45 and her boyfriend looked 25. "No kids?" I said. Woman: "No. I have four kids, but they live with their father."
Me: "Well if they come visit on the weekend this place will seem really small."
Woman: "That won't be a problem."
Why won't it be a problem? does she even have custody of her children? Weird!

Second group: A girl, her 2-year-old son, her sister and her sister's fiances. First off, that is way too many people to live in such a small place. Second, the girl said, and I quote: "My husband is in jail right now for violating his probation."
Me: "Oh what did he do?"
Girl: "It was a domestic dispute. He's really violent."

The third group interested in renting our townhome: A couple with a three-year-old son who looks like Augustis Glook from Charlie and the chocolate factory, who was only wearing a diaper when they came to our door. When we asked for referrences, the woman's mother, who accompanied them said "They've been living with me for the past two years."
Me: "Oh? Were they ever late on their rent?"
The mom: "Only twice a year." Great reference, and that's coming from their mom!

So needless to say, Josh was less than excited to meet this new couple interested in renting. But when we got there they actually looked normal! After they looked through the apartment we told them they could rent it. They are a young couple with a baby on the way. I don't think they're LDS, but they seem so nice. And when the girl offered to clean the townhome after we moved the rest of our junk out we were sold.

I hope you who read my blog and live in the townhomes like them. If they do weird stuff let me know. Josh and I feel good about them. We don't feel like we're leaving and putting in bizzare people for our neighbors. So I hope you like them. We do so far! It's a huge relief to know that our place is rented. We won't even have to make two house payments on our own at all because they're moving in this weekend.

3 comments:

Map Maker said...

This weekend as in today or tomorrow? We'll have to watch for them.

Williamson Fam said...

They sounds like a much better option than your first 3 choices...

Anonymous said...

They'd better be nice, woman! But don't blame the haunted house on us. We didn't curse you for moving or anything...