I know what you're thinking: Esther, there is no such thing. And I would've totally agreed with you until I bought this house. Now two things have happened to me that are begining to change my mind.
First, I was alone in the house, waiting for my mom to come help me unpack the garbage bags full of stuff (remember we didn't use boxes to move). May I remind you (after going off subject) that I was alone and in the kitchen when the hallway light slowly turned on and then a minute later slowly turned off. Let me explain the slowly part: When Josh's brother Joel lived in our home (we are buying the home from Joel) he is a technical wizard and installed a lot of lights with dimmer switches. The hallway light has a dimmer switch. But my point is the light turned itself on and then turned itself off!
Second, last night I was watching television, again alone in my home. My brother Ike, his wife Jana and their two boys had left a few minutes earlier after looking at my house. While they were at my house I had paused the television because I was in the middle of a show. I resumed watching the show, but paused it again to read someone's blog. All of the sudden my television show started rewinding itself! The remote control was right next to me. I hadn't touched it. I grabbed the remote, pressed play. The show started again. Then I paused the show so I could finish reading the blog I was reading. I had set the remote down. All of the sudden the show stopped and it television switched to live t.v.

Either there are some electrical issues in my home, or it is haunted. I told Josh I thought it was haunted and he said he'd felt the same way. He said some things had happened that made him think that too, but he only told me one of the things. He said he thought he saw someone stading in our front room. I dismiss that because that happens to me all the time. I often think I see someone standing there out of the corner of my eye. And the mind can play tricks on you. The power of suggestion is real. But when things visibly happen, that's when I start to wonder.
Hmm. . .
5 comments:
Our DVR did almost the exact thing the other day where I was watching a DVR'ed show, the remote was on the coffee table, and it switched to live TV! I was thinking that maybe a neighbor might have Dish and their remote is on the same frequency?
Because we live near a train, when a really heavy train comes the lights we have that are on dimmers sometimes go dim, but they've never turned on and off.
EEK!!! Holy crap, girl. I'm freaking out for you. What's the history on this place again? *shiver*
Girl that sucks. Some of our old friends had a "haunted house" it sucks.
If you really think it's haunted, I suggest having it dedicated. Then again, even if you had no suspicion of it being haunted, my advice is still the same. Nothing like a good priesthood dedication on you new home.
Ok thats just down-right freaky...u should write in to that show ghost hunters...
Post a Comment