Thursday, October 9, 2008

I've been tagged - 6 quirks

My cousin, Charis tagged me in her blog. The "rules" state that I need to link her blog to this entry, but she has a private blog, so I won't. Hard to find six, but I I'll try.

Six Quirks About Me:

1. My agency merged with another agency and we moved into their building 6 months ago. The new building's halls are very long. For some reason I now find myself closing my eyes for as long as I can when I walk down the halls. I only do this at work. Maybe, subconsiously, the lights hurt my eyes? I don't know why I do this. I've tried to stop, but I can't.

2. Sometimes when I drive I think up names that rhymn and put them in order alphebetically. For example: Andy, Brandy, Candy, Dandy *not really a name* I think to myself. . . *E? no*, *F? No.*, Ghandi, Handy, *I?, I-andy? No, Jandy, No.* Kandi, Landi, *No.* Mandy, *Nandy, No. . . O-andy, Oliandy, No* Pandy, hmm? . . . Quandy, No. Randy, eck! Sandie, Tandy *way cute name for a girl!* Ulandi, No. Vandi, *Maybe in India?*, Whaaaah-ndi, Xandi, No. Yandy, No. Zandy, Zoolandy. NO.* I also like to think of names that sound similar. For instance: Kristen, Kjirsten and Kirsten.

3. I correct people's spelling (usually in my head) when I read things. IF I am able to correct the spelling, I will.

4. I count sometimes when I drive. Usually to 10 or 20. Sometimes to 100, or count down from 100. Usually as fast as I can, out loud. I don't know why I do this.

5. I feel my head underneath my hair for imperfections when studying or thinking hard. Or if I am engaged in a conversation I will sometimes do this too. I don't know why I do this. I've sort of tried to stop, but I can't.

6. While in high school and college I would reward myself when doing homework with M&Ms or JellyBellies. But I could only have one at a time. If I finished reading a page of homework I could have one M&M. If I finished one page of a paper I could have one Jelly Belly. I would suck on it and make it last until the next page was finished. I think it's not good to use food as a reward. I wish I'd thought of something else to use instead. Any ideas for the future?

So I'm actually going to tag six people now. So listen up! Melanie, Jill, Jenny, Merilee, Monika, and Heather B. (All members from my old ward, except Heather, who just needs to blog more because I like to hear what's going on in your life).

1 comment:

Cheeseboy said...

I remember you doing that Jelly Belly deal. That was weird. Another quirk about you was that you would save your Halloween candy for an unbelievably stupid amount of time. I think you would still have halloween candy left from previous years when Halloween would come around.