- Home-made Chicken Noodle Soup (including making the noodles thanks to my mother-in-law's recipe).
- 2 loaves of Banana Bread
- 2 loaves of Honey Wheat Bread (My first experience with making yeast bread. Worked wonderfully!)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu.
- Cornish Game hens, stuffed with stuffing
- Maccaroni and Cheese
Monday I'm going to make Sweet and Sour Chicken with white rice. I have a yummy recipe from my Great Aunt Margaret that I just love! I remember going to her home once a year as a kid on our way to Yellowstone. She'd make it for us if we stayed for dinner. It's seriously the best Sweet & Sour Chicken ever.
Here's the recipe:
Great-Aunt Margaret's Sweet & Sour Chicken
- 6 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 Cup cornstarch
- Cooking oil
Dip the chicken in the eggs then the flour or cornmeal. Fry in oil until the outside of the chicken is slightly brown, but mostly crispy.
Sauce:
- 1/4 C. Ketchup
- 3 TBS Brown sugar
- 1/2 C. Malt Vinegar (make sure it's Malt Vinegar because that's what makes the sweet taste)
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl (I like to double the recipe for extra sauce). When the chicken has browned a little in the pan, pour the sauce into the pan and place the whole pan in the oven, covered on 375 degrees. I also like to add chopped green, red, and/or yellow peppers (You don't have to add all colors), and onion, celery, and/or water chesnuts. Cook until chicken is cooked through (about 40 - 45 minutes). Serve with rice.
Mmm! I can't wait!
1 comment:
K I am hungry now!!!
Post a Comment