Thursday, November 27, 2008

Raking the leaves

Yesterday I got off work around 1:30. I took advantage of the fact that there was still daylight by raking leaves for three hours. I bagged 14, count them 14! kitchen bags of leaves. I still have about three to four bags to go, but it was getting dark and cold. I'm sure my next-door neighbor is happy. His lawn is always pristine. Not a leaf on it. There isn't a fence between our yards and I'm sure some of our leaves blew onto his yard over the past six weeks. Our house has some really large trees which have dropped a lot of leaves!

Although I didn't enjoy raking the leaves into piles, I did find it kind of therapeutic to bag them and watch the piles shrink. This is the first time I've ever raked leaves when they weren't wet. It is so much more enjoyable to rake dry leaves!

Oh and by the way. . .
Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Nice, we just bought our first rake, oh the days of our townhomes, but i wouldnt change it for a thing!

Jenny Colvin said...

Sounds like fun. Plus you probably have nice guns(arms) now!!!