MERRY CHRIST
MAS!!!
MAS!!!Okay, so I know when I can't even remember my password to log in to Blogger that it's been too long since my last posting. But with the holidays and my being lazy I just haven't had time to post. Plus I didn't really have anything interesting to say.
This year we have decided to have a very small Christmas. It was really more out of necessity than a political decision to boycot the commercialism of Jesus and Christmas. Last year we got an awesome flat screen t.v. It was great, but then we were paying it off for half of the year. And this summer we put in new carpet and hard wood into our town home, only to rent it out about a month later to renters who tell us they've now warped the nice hardwood floor that took Josh a week to install.
After those two big expenses, as well as moving, Josh starting his own company, and the economy down-turn in general, we've decided the best thing we can get each other for Christmas this year is . . . NOTHING! That's right folks. That is one huge benefit of not having children.
We don't have to get ourselves anything for Christmas!
And let me tell you. I couldn't be more pleased with what we're doing. Josh's family also decided to forego the gifts this year. They're not even having a grandchildren gift exchange! My family has decided to draw names on Chrismas Eve. Which ever couple/family's names Josh and I draw means they are invited over to our house (before April) for dinner. I'm planning to make my infamous Sweet and Sour Chicken. And by infamous I mean I haven't made it for them yet, so It's not quite famous yet! But it is absolutely delicious and whoever comes will not be disappointed!
I love that we are having a small Christmas this year. Sure, I feel a little poor, but I really feel I get to focus more on the meaning of Christmas and not the gifts I am getting.
So Merry Christmas! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season as well!
3 comments:
That's so great, and i will be over for some of than infamous sweet & sour chicken...
It's okay Esther, think of those poor, starving children in Africa that can't even afford a gain of rice for Christmas...
"And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas time
The greatest gift they'll get this year is life
(Oooh) Where nothing ever grows
No rain nor rivers flow
Do they know it's Christmas time at all?"
That's great! I remember the one Christmas we didn't have any kids. We got each other maybe one or two gifts that totaled up to 40 or 50 dollars. We also had to pay for our plane tickets to visit our families, so I guess you could count that.
Post a Comment