Monday, December 1, 2008

When a stranger calls

As a social worker I get a lot of strange phone calls from people I've never met. Most people are calling, requesting information on housing (my specialty). Others call to request information about detoxing from drugs, or things I don't know about. But today I got the strangest call of all. It was a woman who spoke in a slow, deep, monitone voice. This is what she said.

Woman on my voice mail: "My name is Jane Doe. My number is (Long distance number). I need to talk to some one there to get the name of the Shaman who performed the Exorcism ritual on March 6th. He's a blind Native American. I'd like to get his number. It's important. Thank you."

Bizarre! What's even stranger is that I think I know who she's talking about, but I think he moved out of state.

3 comments:

Jenny Colvin said...

That a little scary.

Williamson Fam said...

That is funny, and creepy all at the same time,,,It sound like jenny if you ask me....

kamcicle said...

i know who she's talking about..... :D