I got up earlier than I expected to this morning. Made Josh some chocolate muffins and some banana muffins, made myself a mushroom, olive, chives, and cheese omlete, let the dogs out, and started some laundry.
I am feeling pretty productive. Then thought I would sit down and watch t.v., but the cable isn't working, which makes our whole t.v. not work for some reason.
So I started surfing blogs and checking my facebook.
I recently added someone's blog to my sidelist of blogs. It was suggested by someone on another blog I follow. So I thought I would spends some time to check it out. It was supposed to be a funny "religious" blog, which it kind of was. Not hilliarious, but kind of clever. Well I noticed on this person's profile that they had like 8 more blogs. I started to check those out too. One started out kinda funny, but then became not funny and a little hm. . not G rated. Not what I want to read. I'm thinking "I thought this guy was supposed to be a light-hearted poke fun at the LDS church in a loving way kinda guy.
Then I clicked on people's blogs that he follows, which included more people who are now making fun of/criticizing the church.
K. I'm not down for that and I don't want to support something like that on my blog at all. I just don't understand why people would criticize the church. Yes, people are not perfect, but the gospel of the church is perfect. Stop getting your feelings hurt over stupid stuff! Because someone hurt your feelings at church DOES NOT mean that the CHURCH is bad. Or because you are choosing to do something that the church has told you not to do because it will make you ultimately sad DOES NOT mean the CHURCH is bad.
Needless to say, I removed that blog from my side lists of blogs. Even if it appears light-hearted and funny, when I investigated it further it was what I would deem the beginning of this person possibly falling away from the church, and I don't want to support or promote that on my blog.
4 comments:
I totally agree. I don't know why people are so quick to blame the church for all their problems. I have some friends who are not even members, and they seem to think the mormons are the reasons for all their whoas. I don't get it.
I would think that if you are someone that believes that church is important for people in general, that you would try to be closer to them, rather than pushing them away.
:shrugs:
Way to go esther! I agree one bad apple doesnt mean the entire basket is bad, or how ever that saying goes...
Im so proud of you babe. That stuff will only bring you down. antiSWer obviously does not know what he is talking about.
Love you!
Post a Comment