Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why I keep the Word of Wisdom 101

Every Tuesday at my work I get to leave the office to go to meetings, but mostly to visit my clients at home. We always go get some lunch somewhere. It's the funnest day of my work week.
Tuesday we were driving in the car after lunch and I mistook my co-worker's Black Iced Tea for my Diet Coke. I took a long, quick gulp and suddenly turned white. It tasted just like what I would imagine liquid pencil sharpening scaps would taste like. DISGUISTING!!!

Unfortunately I'd swallowed! I spit out the side of my car to get the taste out of my mouth and took large gulps of my drink, swishing it around in my mouth to get rid of the lingering taste. I was desparately hoping I wouldn't throw up because I didn't want to taste that putrid stuff a second time. My gag reflex was trying to get rid of it, but I held it down. I don't know what disgusted me more: The thought of vomiting and having to taste it again, or the feeling of it in my stomach because it was making me sick!

How anyone drinks that stuff I will NEVER know!

3 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

How funny, i kinda like the taste of iced tea, i used to drink it in my rebellious days..

Heather and Jake said...

I hear ya. I have no idea how people can down a lot of the stuff out there that they claim to enjoy. I have tasted iced tea before though...my friend and I were having a tea party at her house in California, and the drink tasted yummy like cherries. When I went home and told my mom, she informed me that we didn't drink iced tea and I felt ashamed. You live and you learn. :)

Brenda (Jacobs) Howard said...

That is pretty funny. I agree though, how do people drink a lot of stuff they do and claim to "enjoy" it?