Friday, March 6, 2009

25! . . . Well 26 1/2!

Wednesday was my weekly weigh-in at Weight Watchers.

. . . . Drum Roll Please . . . . . .

I Lost 3.5 pounds and a total of 26.5 pounds!!!

And I finally got my "25 pounds lost" award.

It feels great! I'm still doing really good with the "no sugar" thing. I had sugar about two Saturdays ago for the first and only time all year. I made some Jiffy chocolate, and banana muffins for Josh for breakfast and gave into the temptation, eating three muffins while standing over the pan in the kitchen. Not my finest moment, but one slip since New Year's Eve isn't the end of the world. 1 day of having sugar for 10 minutes, in the past 65 days isn't something I'm going to beat myself up about.


I even started running on the treadmill, (thanks to a post by my sister-in-law, Jana about running). I jogged 25 minutes tonight at the gym. Really great because I didn't even feel like going today and I totally pushed myself.

I'm hoping at my next Wednesday Weigh in I'll get to 30 poounds lost. Do you think I'll do it? I'm 3 1/2 pounds away (as of Wednesday, March 4th). I've been journaling every day and staying within my points.

I think I can lose 3 1/2 pounds by Wednesday!



Here is a really bad picture of what the new 25 pound "award" from Weight Watchers looks like. Looks more like a washer than an award, but I'm glad to have it.

7 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

Woo hoo, way to go, Esther! That has to be such an awesome feeling. You've got willpower that I lack. :) But I hope you reach your 30 lb goal on Wednesday, keep up the running and eating smart! Yeah right, like I know anything about how it's done, but I'll probably have to soon to get rid of my extra pounds!

brandi (and tim) said...

Congratulations Esther! Keep up the good work and the running! I can't wait until I can start seeing the numbers on the scale go down instead of up... though I don't know if I'd ever be able to give up sugar. You have a lot of willpower!

~b

Nikki said...

Twenty-six pounds is AWESOME. What an accomplishment. I need to lose atleast that much and some and I have no drive, so way to go. Keep up the good work!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Done! I couldn't be prouder....I love you! Yes you can make 30--no sweat (well, probably a big sweat!)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Way to go!

Williamson Fam said...

YAY for you!!! Keep up the great work, i bet it feels so great and i thought the award was a mint..lol also dont feel bad about the muffin incident, last month i ate 24 cupcakes in 2 days and to make matters worse the frosting was homemade cream cheese frosting...Ohh yum i want more..

Ike said...

That's really the award? Is it a fridge magnet like the old one?