Monday, March 2, 2009

Funny (Fast Sunday) Things #5, #6, #7, and #7 1/2

A lot of funny things happened yesterday and I thought I would write them down before I forget. So far I've written posts of FUNNY THINGS, numbering from 1 to 4 (or five, I'm not sure,. . . but I'm counting this post as funny thing(s) #5, 6, 7, and 7 1/2.)

"Seven-and-a-half?!" you say. But be patient my Pets. You'll see why as I explain.

#1 (or should I say #5?): During Fast and Testimony meeting a woman got up to give her testimony (obviously that would be the reason she got up). It turned into a "story-mony" instead of a testimony and I was losing interest fast. Then I heard these words come out of her reverent lips:
"With the passing of Larry H. Miller, this past week I've had a lot of time to reflect and ponder about his life."

SCREECHING HALT
(SOUND OF RECORD SCRATCHING)

Did she just say what I thought she said? Yes. Yes she did. She then went on to bare her testimony about Larry H. Miller.
What is this world coming to?
SERIOUSLY!

#6) Josh and I went to Sunday dinner at his parents home. Josh's sister Sarah recently moved into our duplex. Sarah was telling me at dinner that the other day her little five-year-old Ian wanted to look out the window, so she lifted him up. Here was their conversation:

Ian: I want to see out the window (Sarah lifted him up and apparently he saw me out there by my car or something).
Ian: How come Esther is outside?
Sarah: I don't know. Maybe she's going somewhere.
Ian: But she looks so pretty Mom.

Melt my heart!



#7) Josh and I were driving in the car.

Josh: Are you okay?

Esther (that's me btw): Yeah.

Josh: (looking concerned) What are you thinking about?

Me: Coconut.



We burst out laughing.



And finally #7 1/2: Josh and I were driving home from the in-laws from Sunday dinner yesterday. All of the sudden the car stopped being able to accelerate, which made it feel like Josh was just learning to drive a manual transmission. We looked at the gas gauge and it was on empty. (Earlier in the day it said we had 1/4 a tank of gas, but our car is weird and goes from 1/4 to NO GAS, with no indication of any problems (ie. YOUR RUNNING OUT OF GAS DUMMY) in between.

Josh got off the freeway and we had to stop at three red lights, and sputtered over an overpass. It was definately intense. Would we run out of gas on the side of the road?
We sputtered into the gas station parking lot right as our car ran out of gas. Laughing at our good (and bad) luck, Josh and I pushed the car the five feet to the pump that our little car was just unable to make it to on it's own.

I've never run out of gas before, and often rode my other cars for 20 miles on empty before filling up. Josh and I thought this was very funny that we just made it to the gas station before running out of gas. But we were certainly aware that if we hadn't gotten off the freeway we would have been stranded on it, which would not have been funny at all!

We also didn't like that we had to buy gas on Sunday. We promised each other that we would be sure to get gas anytime it got to half-way empty so this wouldn't happen again.

2 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

funny posts, and on larry h millers defense, he was a really great/giving man who did allot and was a really good example of a 'mormon'...So i can see how she would be talking about him and i heard his funeral was really good..

Williamson Fam said...

funny posts, and on larry h millers defense, he was a really great/giving man who did allot and was a really good example of a 'mormon'...So i can see how she would be talking about him and i heard his funeral was really good..