As I was leaving my office for the day the security guard came up to me said: "We've got a donation." *pointing to two garbage bags full of empty soda cans* "Do you think your clients would like those empty cans of soda?"
My first thought: What? Why would they want those? I mean, yes, many of our clients are homeless and all are low to no income, but . . .What is this, Sienfeld? You know, the episode where Jerry and Elaine try to give the homeless shelter the bottoms to the "Top of the Muffin" muffins? Come on! Take a lesson from the great Sienfeld. Even the homeless won't want empty soda cans.
Security Guard: "I don't know. Maybe they could recycle them for money or something."
I ask you, the public. . . Do you know of anywhere in Utah to go recycle empty soda cans for money? I didn't think so. Yes some brilliant person thought they would be so kind as to donate their trash to our clients. So sweet. Thanks. Really.
4 comments:
we used to recycle cans all the time for $$$--and you always see people in the trash cans looking for cans to recycle. There must be a place to take them...I think your client's problem would be finding the place when they are so scarce.
Would any of your clients like my discarded Tootsie Pop wrappers? They could look through them for ones with stars and then trade them in for new Tootsie Pops!
I'm sure they're is but there is no way they could get there if there was a place, but that was a nice gesture of him..
It's all about volume!!!! Maybe they could borrow a mail truck from Newman, then they could fill the truck up with soda cans, and drive to Minnesota to recycle them!! It's brilliant!!!!!
Post a Comment