Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tom Hanks Best Work

Two years before Tom Hanks became famous for his role in "Splash!" he made a gem of a movie called Mazes and Monsters. About two years ago Josh and I came across this movie at a pawn shop and had to buy it. Let me tell you, you've never, never seen Tom Hanks like this. Some of his finest work, let me tell you! (Can you sense the sarcasm?)

Amazingly, when looking for a picture to show of what the video looks like, (Yes, I said video. There is no way this is out on DVD) I found three different covers:








This movie is about four young college students who play a form of Dungens and Dragons, called Mazes and Monsters. It cronicles their adventures as Tom Hanks slowly slips into Madness, brought on my the game itself. Being a social worker, I know he is, in fact Schizophrenic.
I liken the quality of this movie to my brother's favorite and beloved classic, Troll 2. If you can find it on Amazon or something get it, just to watch it for kicks.

3 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Esther, this is a joke right?! I mean the poll?! Those have to be his WORST movies ever! What about "Bachelor Party"?

If this is not a joke, then his best movies are not even on there! I would vote:

Forest Gump
Saving Private Ryan
Big
Philidelphia

But I'm guessing this is a joke.

Williamson Fam said...

Wasnt he in BIG? I vote for BIG...

Nicole said...

Oh, this is totally on DVD. Thank you netflix!! (and hum, I think this and Bachelor Party could be a toss up for best ever. :)