I made this ice cream for Memorial Day. Surprisingly it tasted exactly like pumpkin pie and nothing like carrots. But it was a big hit with both the Yospe and the Ewell clans.
4 Eggs beaten until frothy
2 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
Dash of Salt
4 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla
1 Quart Heavy Cream
2 Cups Milk
3 Cups Carrot Juice (I bought the biggest size cup full of Carrot Juice at Jamba Juice)
Beat eggs until frothy. Add sugar, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg, beating on slow. Mixture should become almost custard-like. Mix in the heavy cream, milk, vanilla, and carrot juice.
Put mixture into the ice cream machine. In the machine alternate 2 inches ice, a layer of salt until full. refill the ice and salt as need (about every 5 to 10 minute).
Ice cream machine should stop when the ice cream thickens. Let harden at least an hour before serving.
2 comments:
Wahoo, yay for carrot cake/pumpkin spice ice ceram! It really was tasty...that was way nice of you to make it and share it with all! I request it ahead of time for this coming fall around Halloween time. It would be a delightful treat!
I loved it too! So delicious!
Post a Comment