On Wednesday I continued my quest to be more "fabulous" by attending the local beauty college's annual esthetics event. There I enjoyed a 20 minute facial (for free!!!)
I also bought myself a gift card for 50% off so I can go throughout the year to get electrolysis, pedicures, hair cuts, or what ever. It wasn't much, but it will last for a few visits. I think next year I'm going to save up and "invest" in a 50% off gift card for $1,000 (which would equal $2,000) so I can go treat myself to stuff all year long!
In my life I have always put off taking care of myself. I'll get really stressed out and just "deal with it" to get through it instead of making the time to give myself some kind of break. I think most women do this. So this year, part of my resolution to be more "fabulous" and "high maintenance" is to take the time to relax and give myself a break.
Funny story though:
When I first arrived at the beauty college it was about 6:30 p.m. and I knew two things: 1 - They were only going to be open until 8:00 p.m. and 2 - That I definately wanted to get a gift card over a free service. So I got in the long line for the gift cards. Well the girl in front of me got pulled out of the line by an employee/student and told to go upstairs. For some reason I followed her up the stairs and just got in a much, much shorter line behind her. (We're talking like 4 people in line instead of 25). Not knowing exactly what I was in line for I asked her. She said the student just told her she could get a gift card upstairs too. So apparently I was in a much shorter line for a gift card! Sweet!
I got my gift card with plenty of time to spare, so I decided to sign up for a free service after all. As I walked down the stairs to go to the spa I looked at the line and stated loudly "They're selling gift cards upstairs too if you just go up there." Immediately a student/employee told me that not everyone can go up there to order a gift card, and that she needs to take them up there herself. I appologized profusely, hoping my comments would not incite a riot! :)
Oops!
It was so much fun I'm definately going to the Cameo College of Beauty's Esthetic Convention again next year!
1 comment:
OOH how fun, i wish you wold have told me, i would have loved to go with you..
Post a Comment