
Thursday night I went to a local book club event where author, Brandon Mull spoke about his Fablehaven book series.
I just happened to be a big fan of his work, and I just (by complete luck) read the local electronic board announcing the event the night before he was to speak! So I pretty much lucked out that I even got to go!
Only about fifty people showed up to the even, so it was a pretty intimate event. Most people came at 6:00 and ate dinner with him, but I showed up at 7:00 just as he started to speak.
For those of you who don't know about the Fablehaven books (Mom and Abe, surprisingly both elementary school teachers) these books are about a brother and sister, Seth, age 10, and Kendra, age 12 who go to stay with their grandparents and discover that their grandparents are care-takers of a magical creature preserve.
As I've said before, one of Josh and my favorite things to do on a date is read books at the Barnes and Noble. So knowing that. . . I had actually purchased and read all four books before knowing that I would be able to meet the author and get my books signed! I don't just buy any book. I'll read a whole book at the book store to avoid spending the money to purchase them, even if it takes me a year. That should tell you how much I like these books!
No comments:
Post a Comment