Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cabin Fever


Tomorrow night, after I get off work, Josh, me and the dogs will be driving the four or five hours up to the family cabin for our annual family cabin trip. Besides Josh and me, three of my four brothers and their kids, and my parents are coming. This year we will miss my grandma coming, who is not feeling well enough to come, which is sad because it's her cabin! We will also miss my brother, Jordan, his wife, Kate, and their baby.
Every year we cram all 12 adults and now six grandkids into a three-bedroom cabin to spend a few days away from the "chaos" of every-day life. We go fishing, to Yellowstone, river rafting, hiking, four-wheeling, play horse-shoes, frisbee golf, play tons of board games, and sometimes just lay around the cabin and chill.
Each family takes a turn cooking a meal, and every year I'm asked to make my famous Cilantro Lime Chicken with Corn and Avacado salsa. We bring Bajio's salad dressing and make it into salad, tacos, and burritos. We usually have enough salsa left over the next day for chips and salsa.
So I'm getting a little stir-crazy at work because I'm excited for our trip, and I've got a million things to do before we go: laundry, grocery shopping, and packing mostly, but I've also got a few other things I have to do today after work before I can even start all that!
I can't wait till our car is briming full luggage and our dogs are safely in their kennel, and we are all snuggled in our car and heading out to our cabin!!!


1 comment:

Williamson Fam said...

Ahh how nice, sounds so relaxing...