Friday, November 13, 2009

"Good one" Glenn Beck!

I just don't understand the Glenn Beck appeal. My husband, Josh LOVES to listen to Glenn Beck. While I LOVE to listen to people make fun of Glenn Beck! Josh always insists that Stephen Colbert and others are just taking things Glenn Beck says out of context. But I think Glenn Beck says everything out of context, bringing down the wrath upon his own head.
For instance. . . :

Last night Josh picked me up from work and wanted to listen to Glenn Beck on our ride home.

Glenn's topic of conversation for that 30 minutes: Quoting and analyzing all the dialogue of different shows that had recently made fun of "featured" him: The Simpsons, The Colbert Report, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, Saturday Night Live, and eventually, South Park.

Glenn's little side kick (I have no idea what his name is) has a talent of sucking the humor out of anything funny said about GB.

Example:

Side-kick guy talking to GB: "Eric Cartman, the obese child of the children on South Park, for those of you who do not know what I'm talking about is doing a spoof of you (GB) by making the school's morning announcements as if he were Glen Beck." They then play parts of the South Park episode over the air where Cartman is complaining about how the school is going to crap because they no longer serve a hot school lunch, their playground equiptment is too old, etc. and blaming all these "problems" on the newly elected School Class President. Then the side-kick and GB began to analyze everything said. And then all humor that was South Park, was turned into a boring discussion about what the episode failed to mention, or what they got wrong.

Glenn then says "It's a real compliment that they would spoof me. I mean, they've had whole episodes about Obama, Bush, and Jesus, so to be put in that category. . . " REALLY GLENN? Do you think you are in the same category as JESUS because South Park says it's so? Hmm.

Glenn then goes on to discuss how he has also been "featured" in several articles, such as the New York Times. He stated "There's even a whole article about me in Playboy Magazine. Of course I won't read it for obvious reasons. I just don't understand why if their subscription numbers have been decreasing why they would think writing an article about me, a fat radio/t.v. host would boost their readership?!"

Then here's the kicker. . . In the same breath as talking about South Park, and gushing about the beautiful, scantally-clad woman is on the cover of Playboy Magazine, he says "We'd like to thank our sponsor for this past half-hour, The Ladbug Game."

Really Glen? I think The Ladybug Game is going to be THRILLED that they sponsored that half hour! I bet they will be so excited to sponsor your show again.

And there is my PROOF that Stephen Colbert, and other people who make fun of Glenn Beck are NOT taking what he says out of context.

4 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

I hate that guy. Total moron.

The Yospe's said...

Gotta' take everything with a grain of salt. he says a lot of things I disagree with, but he also has some very good points on some things. I would say the same about the cable comedy gurus.... just gotta' find a balance and find some semblance of the truth someone in the middle. No one will ever tell the 100% correct story.

Cheeseboy said...

Jordan... I do not know of these "good points" of which you speak. Of course, I avoid the man like the plague.

Fox News is soooo "fair and balanced".

Jenny and Josh said...

He is such a weirdo! But I think anyone who lives in a such an extreme, be it republican democratic or other wise, is crazy!