Looking at the calendar, I believe I am pretty much due about thirteen weeks (and two days) from today. Which is exactly 93 days. So my baby counter thing is working perfectly (for those of you who were wondering if it is skipping days and who will remain nameless to protect the innocent).
I had to take a second test for gestational diabetes because I failed the first test by 2 blood sugar points. So on Christmas Eve I found myself in my doctor's office, fasting, starving, and being abused by a lab technician, who pricked my finger, forced me to drink a sticky-sweet substance within five minutes, and who stuck me in the arms four times, once an hour to draw my blood. Here is a picture of my arm and the damage done six days later:

The good news is I don't have gestational diabetes! The bad news is I didn't get nearly as much sympathy from Josh as I thought I would. I left all five bandaids on and everything for him to see. I had two bandaids on each arm and one on my right index finger (where I got the finger poke blood test). He was concerned, but didn't baby me like I had hoped. Oh well! :) I was so happy I didn't have diabetes that I celebrated by eating a piece of chocolate!
I've also found that if I stop drinking caffinated soda I no longer get Edema, where my ankles swell. So I'm off of Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi for the next three months at least.
6 comments:
Oh man, i get mine tomorrow, and your arm looks terrible, but what a cute braclet...And josh really needs to give you more sympathy, we go through so much...
I am so glad to hear you don't have gestational diabetes. My sister in law had it with 2 out of her 3 pregnancies. It is not fun.
You are not supposed to drink caffeine while pregnant anyway.
I've had to take that second gestational diabetes test before. No fun at all! It isn't very nice to make a pregnant lady fast!
Oh man!! Your arm looks terrible!! Glad you don't have the diabities! I am afraid I'm going to fail mine. I had a sweet breakfast along with a Chai Tea before going. Doh! Oh well, at least it'll be 3 hours off work right? Have you and Josh came up with names or is it suprise? I love that you're due on my Birthday and the day we'll be having our little one. Maybe he'll be born that day. Crazy that Josh and Danny would have a kid on the same day! Good luck on the next 90 days....
Ouch, that arm looks very tender. Good luck to you!
Post a Comment