And I'm not kidding.
Okay. Well, to be fair, it's possible that I'm not allergic to my baby, but it is a possibility.
You see. . . I have a problem. I have P.U.P.P.P.S. which stands for
Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy
Which means I have a terrible rash that started in my stretch marks and has spread all over my belly. Today I noticed it's now spreading to my legs, wrists, and is creeping towards my back. It's sooo itchy!!! And it's sooo hard to not scratch it. And worst of all, the only "cure" is to have the baby.
Apparently only 1% of all pregnant women get PUPPPS. And of those women, 70% of them are pregnant with boys. It usually happens during the first pregnancy only, and (thankfully) usually doesn't come back in other pregnancies.
The reason I say I'm allergic to my baby is because one theory of why women get PUPPPS is because they have an allergic reaction to their baby's DNA, which, amazingly, when these women's skin was biopsied, the baby's DNA was found in their skin.
Below are a couple of pictures of what this rash looks like. And no. Those are not pictures of me. I would never have a tramp stamp like the girl in one of these pictures.


So wish me luck. I'm looking at six more weeks of pregnancy, and then my rash should clear up approximately two weeks after the baby is born. So possibly eight more weeks of itchy misery!
7 comments:
I am a friend of Jana's. My best friend had it terribly bad. She found that Grandpa's pine tar soap http://www.grandpabrands.com/catalog.html Worked really really well. Worth a try. Good luck.
Thanks Michelle. I read that online today. I might have to order some.
Ouch! OUCH!!! Girl, I am itchy just thinking about it! Sending you some Aveeno vibes.
Oh my gosh, that is wrong on so many levels, i'm so sorry you have to deal with that...
Ah Esther, that sucks! A friend of ours got that, too. Sounds and looks like NO fun. Hope these last weeks go by fast!!
No fun Esther! I'm so sorry!
But I am glad that isn't a picture of your tattoo...I was shocked for a second!!
Sorry you have that. My sister in law had that during her pregnancy too!! She could not wait to deliver.
Post a Comment