This was the only picture of our dog Sawyer (and our other dog Mosie) we have on our home computer. Today we gave Sawyer away to a good home. Last Saturday Walter was following Sawyer around when Sawyer got aggressive and bit Walter around his eye. If this was the first time something like this had happened we probably wouldn't have given him away. But over the past three years he's bit or nipped at four or five children now (including Walter).
I had a friend I'm associated with through my work who expressed interest in taking Sawyer. She used to have two dogs, but one died. She said her little poodle dog, Dexter has been lonely and she wanted to find him another friend. I made it very clear to her that Sawyer will expect to be the Alpha dog. I just wanted her to be sure she knew what she was getting into. He's not a bad dog, but I would say he's has entitlement issues. My friend said that so far Dexter and Sawyer are getting along pretty well.
Suprisingly, Mosie is reacting very well. She doesn't seem to miss Sawyer a bit! Josh on the other hand is very blue about giving away one of his best friends. It makes me sad that Josh is feeling so sad. And I miss Sawyer too but I just feel awful for Josh.
I'm hoping Sawyer has a very good life. I know we sent him to a wonderful home so hopefully he will be happy there. I hope Josh's heart heals quickly. I'm glad we kept Mosie. It seems to be comforting Josh some that we still have her, and I'm sure it helps that Mosie isn't devastated. It lessens our feelings of guilt for having to give her brother away.
2 comments:
Sad Esther :( I am one of those people who believe pets become part of your family and it's always hard to lose one but you have to know that you made the best decision for Walter because you would certainly feel worse if he was injured from a bite. And at least you gave him to a friend so you can hear how he's doing.
That's too bad you had to give one of your dogs away. They are so cute. I can understand the reason though. Is Walter OK?
Post a Comment