Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 5: Top 10 Pet Peeves

Awesome! A whole day dedicated to posting complaints.  It's about time!  No. Honestly I hope I can come up with ten of them.  Oh, not that I don't have 10 or more pet peeves, but because I have a hard time making a list of ten of anything when I'm on the spot.  So here it goes:

#10: (Let's start out David Letterman-style, shall we?) As I was saying, Number 10:  Poor spelling.  Specifically, the difference between "two, too, and to", or "there, they're, and their". 

#9: When people pronounce especially as expecially.  There is not an "x" in especially people!

As long as we're speaking grammer. . . It's "I could care less." and NOT "I couldn't care less."  If you state that you couldn't care less that means that you actually do care.  Think about it.  And you don't dethaw meat.  You thaw it.  Dethawing meat means that you are freezing it.  (I threw these ones in as freebies, they don't even count as number 8.)

#8:  Slow drivers who go at least 10 miles below the speed limit.  And it always seems I get stuck behind them when I need to be on time.  Darn Murphy's Law!

#7:  When my husband doesn't finish a soda after drinking two sips.  He lets it go flat and then throws it out.  Such a waste of money!

#6: When someone asks a detailed question that requires and equally detailed  answer right at the end of a presentation-slash-class and I was just about to leave after such a long (and at times boring) lecture.

#5: Being asked my telephone number/account number AFTER I already entered it using the keypad on my phone.  Why do they ask for it twice? What was the point of entering it in the first place?  You know what I do when I get an answering machine when calling a business?  I press "0" immediately until a live person comes on the phone.  Works every time.

#4:  Driving somewhere and having the sun in my eyes no matter what I do.

#3: LONG LONG voice messages of people I need to call back and then they state their phone number at the very end of the message as fast, and as inaudibly as possible so I have to listen to the message a million times to try to get the number.  "Did I hear a niner in there?"  I've had to do this enough that now I usually end up erasing the message and blaming them for my not calling back. 

#2: The lady across the hall from me at when I was in the hospital who 1- kept staring at me in a grimmacing way, 2- kept getting out of the bed and turning around to show her naked back side that was portruding out of her hospital gown, and 3- kept laying in the bed with her knees bent, legs spread eagle, with no blankets covering her legs, in a hospital gown that was obviously too small and too short for her.  Poor Josh saw that one! To be fair, I don't think she knew she was showing so much.  I do think she knew she wasn't being very modest, and I don't think she cared.

#1: Guys who wear low-riding pants. . . and NO underwear! . . . And a shirt that doesn't quite cover the gap.  Always a pleasure to be mooned!

4 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

I am actually a good speller, but am to lazy and type to fast to go back and fix it. Very great list..

Unknown said...

Ha. :) This was funny. In regards to your long voice message and phone number that comes all too fast... Kevin James does a stand-up comedy thing about that and it is heeelarious. You would love it, I'm sure. I'm glad I've never had to share the pet peeve of gross hospital lady-- I couldn't have survived that one!

Ike said...

Right after you complain about bad spelling you spell grammar wrong. Love it.

Tammy said...

I agree with all of these except for #2 because thankfully, I haven't experienced that one.

I would add to #8 that I also hate driving on a two lane road with the drivers who go 10 miles under the speed limit but neither wants to pass the other so I'm stuck behind them both!