Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day Two: A photo of me from last year. . .

And how I've changed since then.
I think it's pretty obvious that I have changed A LOT in the past year.  First of all, this time last year I was 35 weeks pregnant with Walter and I felt as big as a house!

So much has changed in one year.  In this photo I'm eating my favorite, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, although I'm not sure of the flavor.  I'm in our basement apartment in Woods Cross, using a different laptop.  This year I've sworn off sugar for a year and haven't had it since January 3, 2011 thank you very much!

After Walter was born I got Cardiomyopathy, or heart failure.  I almost died.  Right after I got out of the hospital my husband, Josh had to go work in Las Vegas for the summer, so I ended up staying with my parents for a few months for the extra support.  That evolved into us moving into their basement apartment once their renters moved out.  So we moved four miles away from Woods Cross to Centerville and have been loving it ever since!

I've been a mom now for almost a year.  I had heart surgery in October for a different heart problem.  I re-joined Weight Watchers in February and weigh about 50 pounds less than I did in this pregnancy picture.  I watch what I eat now.  I can't have a lot of sodium.  Too much of it affects my heart.

I also changed jobs in November.  I now work at an apartment complex owned by the County Housing Authority that houses residents who have been chronically homeless.  I was ready for a change and I really love it there.  So glad I was transferred over there by my agency!

How else have I changed?  Last week we bought a second car.  I've been LOVING having a car with four doors.  I was squeezing Walter into a two-door coupe for almost a year.  It was such a pain to get him in and out of that car.  Now Josh takes that car to work and I take the new one.

I'm still working full-time and Walter goes to my friend's house who does a wonderful job watching him while I'm at work.  I couldn't ask for a better babysitter!

And that, Ladies & Gentlemen is how I've changed since this time last year.

No comments: