Quilting
I enjoy quilting, although I haven't quilted anything in two years. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't consider myself a quilter if I haven't done it in two years!
This Strawberry wall hanging I did for the Utah State Fair in 2009.
The other quilt I made for my niece, Cambria when she was born. I took a class at Piper's Quilts to learn how to make it. Each week for 12 weeks we would get the fabric pre-cut. The teacher would show us how to make the quilt block, and then sent us home to finish our block. Sometimes we could work on them in class. It was such a fun class. I'd love to take another class from Piper's. Last year I took a class on how to make a crib sheet and crib bumper. So I made the crib sheet and bumper in Walter's crib. (Although I've now taken the bumper out because I worry he'll use it as a step-stool and climb out of his crib.)
This post was inspired by my sister-in-law Heather (who happens to be Cambria's mom). She asked me yesterday if I was ever going to finish my "30 days" of posts! I've been such a slacker. Thanks for the motivation Heather!



1 comment:
Yay, I'm glad I was your motivator! Thanks for updating, I like knowing more little tidbits about you. And we sure love that quilt, which is still hanging on her wall! You're an awesome quilter.
Post a Comment