Thursday, May 22, 2008

And the Winner is . . .

David Cook!

Josh and I were so happy he won. Nothing against the local boy. David Archuletta's great, but we were routing for David Cook the entire season and after the previous night, when Simon was calling David Archuletta the winner I didn't want to get my hopes up. But HE WON! Yeah!

2 comments:

granny yospe said...

It was a sa-d-d-d day in Utah. I was routing for Archie. But, he surely had great manners and showmanship in the end. He has said nothing but good about David Cook. I am proud of him--He seemed very mature--no tears!

Heather and Jake said...

I think that Archie was better. I thought that he took it really well. I blame the judges. They pumped him up too much, so I think Archie fans thought...what's the point of voting, Archie is already going to win. So people not voting in combination with the smaller number of Cook fans that voting to help him out...the judges gave the competition to Cook..even though Archie was the true winner. But is is better for Archie. He isn't owned by American Idol and can negotiate his own record deal without having to give 80% of his profits to AI for the first five years or whatever it is...and now maybe he will have the opportunity to go on his mission...and please, please people, let the boy finish High School already!