Thursday, May 1, 2008

Brooke White, Good Night.

Well it's time again for my weekly AI update. (Not that anyone needs an update, since everyone I know is totally into AI this year.)

Last night Brooke White was voted off of American Idol. We all knew it was coming, but for some reason I really thought Syesha would go before Brooke. Of course Syesha did a better job than Brooke for the past couple of weeks, but she comes off so cheesey.

Did anyone else think that Brooke would have been a little bit more gracious when she lost. I mean, she always seems like she's consoling the people who get kicked off, but last night she seemed inconsolible herself. At the end of her song she turned her back and walked away from the crowd while the camara crew was obviously expecting her to stay put so they could do a close up. I'm a little disappointed in her behavior. She came in 5th. That's pretty dang good.

I did like her comment to Ryan Seacrest, when told to sit on the couch while they went to commercial she said "We'll stay as long as we can Ryan." I thought that was cute and funny.

Last week I would say the next to go is Syesha, but now I think it might be Jason Castro. He's been really off for the past 2 weeks. It's like he's given up trying or something. I'm definately going to have to do another American Idol poll for next week. (Thanks to the two or three of you that took part in it.) I just hate to put it up before they sing because your opinion can definately change after they sing. But putting it up the day they sing doesn't give you much time to vote.

Here's what I think the next few weeks will hold:
David Cook 1st place
David Archuletta "Archie" as Abe calls him 2nd place
Jason Castro - a surprising 3rd place
Syesha - 4th place (getting the boot next week).

5 comments:

Heather and Jake said...

It was Brooke's turn to go. I can't believe she made it to the top 5. She is only good at singing slow songs...anything fast she sings is just ackward! I don't think that Brooke was trying to turn her back to the audience, I just think that she was crying and is one of those people that doesn't like to cry in public. I would have done the same thing if I were crying on stage in front of America...she was justified to cry, after having gone so far. She thanked America. I don't think that she will "make it really big". I think she will just be another local celebrity in her home town. She will try to release a few albumns, but she will not have any record selling albumns or anything...She will end up just like the girl from Woods Cross...what was her name again? Exactly. Jason could be the next to go..it is a toss up, like you said. I think that there are two obvious contestants that really stand out..the two David's. I hope our local boy wins because the other David bugs me with his cockyness..although he has gotten a little better. Now he just needs to spend way less time on his girly hair.

-Jacob

Williamson Fam said...

Ya i thought brooks exit was a crock, get over it, you knew you were getting the boot. Now go back to arizona and check into rehab for your anorexia, (sorry but she is to skinny)...

The Yospe's said...

Did you take that picture with your cell phone off of the tv?

Esther said...

I got this picture off of the internet, but it was really small so I enlarged it. I was in a hurry.

Cheeseboy said...

Brook is one of those girls that even though she is not cocky about it, thinks she is prettier than she really is.