On Tuesdays I go to a meeting with the County Housing Authority to discuss our housing clients. Usually my co-worker and I try to get some client home visits done while we're out of the office and we usually end up grabbing something to eat through a drive thru to maximize our time.
This past Tuesday we decided to go to Gandolfo's for lunch. We drove up to the drive thru.
Me: Can I make two separate orders?
Drive Thru Guy: Yes.
Me: The first order is . . . sandwhich, Dr. Pepper and Baked BBQ Lays, and my second order is . . . sandwhich, Diet Coke, easy ice, and Baked Original Lays.
DTG: (taking for ever - like 3 minutes to type every thing in). . .That will be $17.50.
Me: I asked you to split it into two orders.
DTG: . . . . silence . . . .
Me (to Rachel, my co-worker): I'll just talk to him when we get to the window.
We got to the window.
DTG: That will be $17.50.
Me: I asked you to split the order
DTG and Manager take an additional 7 minutes to figure out how to split the order. NOTE: I had only ordered 1/2 a sandwich, while Rachel ordered a whole.
DTG: The first order (Rachel's) is $9.50 (which meant that he had obviously calculated the cost of our orders wrong, making mine almost as much as hers and I only ordered a half a sandwhich, but at this point I don't care. I just want to get out of there!)
I gave him Rachel's credit card.
DTG (to manager): I don't know how to split this order.
Me (to Rachel): Oh my gosh!
another 3 minutes go by
DTG: What kind of chips did you get with the first order?
Me: Baked BBQ lays. (he hands us the chips).
Me: One thing down.
DTG: What kind of chips did you want with your second order?
Me: I told you Baked Lays. (Me to Rachel): I should have just ordered at the window! (he hands us the chips).
DTG: (giving us a bag with our sandwiches) What were your drinks?
Me: Oh my gosh! Dr. Pepper and Diet Coke, easy ice.
DTG (finally handing us our drinks): Here. I forgot which one was which. Sorry.
Me (to the DTG): Of course you did.
25 minutes. 25 freaking minutes to go through the DRIVE THRU. I timed it.
NEVER AGAIN will I go through the drive thru of Gandolfo's.
4 comments:
What is easy ice? Sounds delicious.
Gandolphos= yummy sammich and bad service.
We went there once. Way too much stuff on their menu! I thought I was looking at the periodic table!
OOOH that is reidulous, but i bet it was so yummy i love that place but 25 min is not fast food,,,,
Post a Comment