Saturday, June 7, 2008

Flooring Update

Well Josh has laid the entire floor, except for one space in the back of the closet. All that's left is to put the trim around the edges. We bought some wood 3/4 inch thick, quarter circle stuff to nail to the pre-existing white wood trim. The trim we bought is already white, so we won't even have to paint it.

Needless to say, it looks amazing. I've taken pictures on my old-school camera. When I get the pictures developed I'll scan them into my computer and add them.

Now it's off to look for carpet or tile. I kind of want to hold off on actually purchasing carpet until R.C. Willey has their $99 instalation sale. I'm thinking speckled white/beige pile carpet. Should look great against the dark flooring.

4 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

ooooh cant wait to see pics....I miss you..

Ike said...

RC Willey carpet is expensive, have you looked anywhere else?

Esther said...

Josh and I found a ream of carpet on clearance today at R.C. Willey. It was only $7.22 a square yard. With the pad, the installation, and RC Willey removing our carpet it will only cost a little over $1000 for new carpet for our stairs and entire upstairs. I think that's a steal for our entire house.

Ike said...

Let me get this right... You are going to use film that you paid for with your old camera, pay to develop the film so you can scan it in to show us?

Why don't you take the money you spend on film and developing and buy a digital camera, for goodness sakes? You can get a new one for less than $100, or a nice used one on ebay for even less!