Last night I did something brave. Something daring, even. . . shocking. I had hair cut off. I mean CUT OFF! Now it's a short a-line, that is even with the bottom of my chin. I don't have a picture yet. I got blond chunky highlights too.
Before I cut my hair I had the beautician put it in a ponytail. And away she chopped. In one fail swoop of her scissors my 11 inch ponytail was ready to pin on a donkey. This morning I mailed it off to Locks of Love. Soon my hair will adorn some kid's head who has cancer (or some other disease). Yeay me! and Yeay them!
I guess I should've taken a picture of me getting my hair cut, holding my ponytail, and putting it into the envelope to mail out, but I just didn't think about it. Should've because if I started to grow my hair out now, it would probably take another 5 or 6 years to get long enough to do this again. And I will probably will never grow my hair out that long again.
Before I cut my hair I had the beautician put it in a ponytail. And away she chopped. In one fail swoop of her scissors my 11 inch ponytail was ready to pin on a donkey. This morning I mailed it off to Locks of Love. Soon my hair will adorn some kid's head who has cancer (or some other disease). Yeay me! and Yeay them!
I guess I should've taken a picture of me getting my hair cut, holding my ponytail, and putting it into the envelope to mail out, but I just didn't think about it. Should've because if I started to grow my hair out now, it would probably take another 5 or 6 years to get long enough to do this again. And I will probably will never grow my hair out that long again.
4 comments:
i can't wait to see you. I don't know which i want to see more--your flooring or your hair!
Way to go Esther! I have always wanted to do that but never have the patience to grow my hair out long enough let a lone chop it off so drastically! Can't wait to see a picture.
What a wonderful way to help someone :) I can't to see you, I bet it is adorable!
Oh i bet its so cute, will please post a picture like ASAP....This is when i wished we had webcams....
Post a Comment