Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tagged

Well, Heather and Jake just tagged me a little while ago and I didn't want to let her down! So here is my list of "crazy eights"

8 Things I'm passionate about:
1. My hubbie, Josh.
2. My family, especially nieces and nephews.
3. Helping my housing clients at work. I wouldn't say I'm passionate about all the meetings I have to go to or the paperwork I have to do, but I do like to help my clients, who are recovering drug addicts and alcoholics.
4. The Gospel and the church
5. My job working with birth moms and adoptive families at the adoption agency. And adoption in general.
6. Movies and going on dates with Josh
7. My dogs. Never thought I'd say that. But our dogs sure can be cute. Of course this morning they were not cute. But that's why we're getting new carpet and why they were supposed to be sleeping in their Kennel last night.
8. Going out and looking at what Josh and I like to call "Mucky muck" people's houses. One of our favorite dates is to just drive around nice neighborhoods and look at the houses. We also like to go to Barnes and Nobles and read books together. Well, not the same book together, we read different books, but we're together.

8 Books I have read and Enjoyed!
1. Electro Boy (currently reading this at Barnes and Noble's (see above) About a man who is Bi-Polar, autobiographical.
2. A Piece of Cake (currently also reading this at Barnes and Noble's). An autobiography about an African American girl growing up, addicted to drugs and alcohol and in a gang. (Hey. I'm a social worker. I dig books like these.)
3. FableHaven series. On the lighter side, I love these books. They are really fun. I heard there is a new one coming out (possibly already out). I can't wait to read it.
4. The Harry Potter series.
5. The Grapes of Wrath. For years I wanted to name a girl Rosasharn, or Rose of Sharon, because that was the name of the Joad daughter in the book. I'm sure my mom is grateful I don't want to name my first girl that anymore.
6. Mars and Venus on a Date (unlike the stupid book The Rules, this book is actually good.)
7. The Book of Mormon, of COURSE (ditto from Heather's blog)
8. The DSM 4 (the Diagnostic manual for all kinds of diagnosis). It's actually a fun read. There's some interesting stuff in there.

8 Things or words I say often
1. What is your sobriety date?
2. And how did you feel about that?/ How did that make you feel?
3. Seriously!
4. Let's look and see if there's any paperwork we have to catch up on before we can talk today. (paperwork takes up a lot of my sessions with clients. Stupid paperwork.)
5. What did you do today? / How was your day?
6. I love you. (to Josh of course.)
7. I don't know.
8. I need to catch up on my notes. (at work)

8 Things I want to do before I die (not in any order)
1. Have kids.
2. Travel. Maybe go to every continent. I've been to 4 (Europe, ours, Asia and Africa).
3. Get sealed
4. Be able to feel like I made a difference in people's lives (ditto from Heather's. You have good ideas. I keep stealing them.)
5. Tell all my loved ones that I love them and how much they mean to me. (sure. Ditto again.)
6. Learn to relax and let things be.
7. Retire (I'd hate to die before I retire.) That's not fair.
8. Be a wonderful house wife and mother, and maybe still work part-time. (see #6, I'm kinda a work-a-holic. Good thing I work with -a-holics!)

8 Things I have Learned (or remembered, again) this past year
1. Patience in everything. That's something I need to remember daily.
2. How much work it is to be married, and how much you learn and grow (hopefully)
3. How to do applicay quilting. Thanks Mom for all your help on Jordan and Kate's baby quilt.
4. Take time to relax and work on taking care of me, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, etc.
5. To work harder (I see the irony of putting this after #4!) I mean work harder around the house to make it a beautiful and pleasant place to live.
6. Kennell the dogs at night or I'll be sorry in the morning. (especially after we get new carpet next week).
7. Understanding and not judging others.
8. How to blog!

8 People I want to Tag....If I don't list you- it doesn't mean I don't want to hear more about you- so do the tag anyway :)
1. Heather
2. Rachelle
3. Melanie
4. Monika
5. Marilee
6. Jordan and Kate (a real one this time).
7. Pheobe
8. The Fullers (if they read my blog)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this was very fun to read. YOu should get tagged more often because I learn so much about you that way!

Cheeseboy said...

You should try reading a book at B&N with Josh TOGETHER. That would be really cute.