Thanks to all of you for hoping my itchy hives are getting better. After using a lot of aloe they were gone by the next morning. But the doctor prescribed me progesterone and told me to take it for 5 days. The first day I was to take 5 pills, the second day 4, and on until the last day I only have to take 1 pill.
At the pharmacy the pharmacist told me that the progesterone makes you really awake, so I should take them all at once in the morning with food. So on Friday I got up, ate breakfast, took the 5 pills, 2 Benedryll pills, and 2 tylenols because I had a headache. I had decided to call in sick again because I could tell I was going to have a headache all day. And when I try to do anything it usually turns into a migraine. I knew I'd be pretty useless and miserable at work.
It's a good thing I did call in sick because that was too much medication for my tummy to handle and it all came back up. Ironically I had had Lucky Charms for breakfast. So I literally "Lost me Lucky Charms" so to say.
Of course on Saturday I woke up with hives again, but not as bad. I learned my lesson spread out taking my progesterone pills throughout the day, which worked great. Today I woke up and no hives.
And to Brandi, who asked if I'm allergic to mangos. No. I'm not. They're actually my favorite fruit and I have had them often. Although the doctor did say that sometimes you can develop allergies after years of eating something.
My guess is that I was allergic to our laundry detergent. We have since switched to a mild, hypo-allergenic kind without added scents or dyes. Hopefully this will help. Although I am going to lay off the mango ice cream, just in case.
1 comment:
Glad to hear you're feeling better. My mom developed an allergy to strawberries after many years of them being her "favorite fruit." Now she can't eat them at all without getting really itchy (and hives). Sad if you've developed an allergy to mangos - let's just hope it's your laundry detergent.
~b
Post a Comment