As promised, I am keeping you up to date on funny things I hear people say. This is the second installment.
On Sunday Josh and I substitute-taught the 7 and 8 year-old's class in Primary, which was a joy in itself. We only had two kids and they were hillarious and said hillarious things, but nothing compared to an answer one girl gave in sharing time.
The Sharing Time lesson was on Covenants v.s. Promises and the class had to read scriptures and decide whether or not the scripture was about a covenant or a promise.
The teacher asked the class: "Class, What is a promise?"
The six-year-old girl rose her hand, excited to share her knowledge with the rest of the class.
Teacher: "Yes, Gracie. What is a promise?"
Gracie: "A promise is like when you go on a mission and your girlfriend promises that you'll get married when you get home."
All the teachers burst out laughing.
Without missing a beat the teacher said: "Yes Gracie's right. Did you hear what she said Class? A promise is when you do something you say you are going to do."
I wanted to tell Gracie that she didn't necessarily need to keep that promise. If things change they change. She might meet someone else. Her future missionary might come home after she's waited two years and decide to marry someone else, meanwhile she had possibly turned down two marriage proposals. -- Not that that ever happened to me. I'm just sayin' . . . . Or it might actually come true (see Abe's post on How to wait for a missionary). So much can change! But it wasn't the time or the place. Lesson not learned for that little girl.
It was pretty funny though.
2 comments:
Oh that;s funny, ya not really the time or place to go into the GAy talk is it? Funny.
The Gay talk? I never even thought about that. Ha!
Post a Comment