Tuesday, September 23, 2008

5 Quirks about me.

I really liked my cousin Michelle's blog about some things she finds quirky about herself. So I thought I would totally copy her and make my own list. So here it goes. Prepare to be Amazed!

#1. I do not have a belly button. Yes, I'm putting it out there for the whole world to read. And no, I will not post a picture of my belly-buttonless belly, thank you very much. Maybe you may be wondering "How is this thing possible? Is Esther a clone? Or does she had a fear of navels and had hers removed?" The answer is no. When I was born I had a condition where my skin didn't grow around all of my organs. Some of them were connected between my tummy and umbilicle chord. So I had to have surgery to put them back in. Thus, no belly button. I will spare you from viewing a picture of what this looks like unless you want to. So if you are interested in seeing what it looks like click here. (Warning, disturbing image. I'm not just saying that). It's called Gastroschisis. I had surgery when I was born, along with heart surgery and have been fine ever since.

#2. I love, Love, Love mustard on french fries. I do not like Ketchup, or Catsup at all. Yuck!

#3. I call the intermission in plays, musicals, etc. "Half-time". As if I were at a football game.

#4. I like to fancy myself a funny person. It doesn't always come across in my blogs, but if you talk to me in person I would say I'm quite witty. I believe I got this trait from my family, who are all pretty darn funny, if I do say so myself. I like to think I'm the funniest person I know at my work. I can't think of anyone funnier than me. . . hmm.. . . Nope. No one's funnier!

#5. If you gave me money as a gift I will never actually spend the money on myself. I will always use it to pay some bill or debt. Please don't let that discourage you from ever giving me money as a gift! (0r discourage you from giving me money for no reason at all). It will always be appreciated, and at times I'm sure it is needed. So, when my birthday comes around at the end of this year I accept cash, checks, and money orders. You can even make your checks out to the power company, the utility company, my HOA fee, etc. It will most certainly go to a noble cause (of keeping us out of debt)!

5 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh wow, what a great post, that picture was disturbing, and i totally want to see you non-existant belly button, i'm totally curious..I would have to agree you are pretty darn funny...

Anonymous said...

JUst in case you are wondering--I have never had a urinary tract infection or an STD--Nor has Dad! Love, Mother

Carter Clan said...

Thanks for the comment on the blog.. the end of it made me giggle. My husband can't stand Nancy Grace either.. but I think she's fiesty! And I'm a southern gal like her so I think we relate :) Thanks for the advice on those kids as well.. I feel at a total loss when dealing with people so thoughtless. But I'm motivated to try and do something.

Cheeseboy said...

Mom, when I read that I was wondering. Quirk - ae Esther!

Babe in Boysland said...

Oh my gosh. I feel totally famous that you put my name on this entry. I'm gonna read this blog all the time now.

I am a mustard loving freak. I've also brainwashed my children, and all of them love mustard and want it on everything. GO MUSTARD!!!

You are funny. Who doesn't think putting cocaine in a baby shower game is funny? I wouldn't want to hang out with that person.