Tuesday, October 28, 2008

You know you're old when. . .

On Sunday morning Josh and I got into our car to go to Stake Conference. As Josh starts the car the radio comes on and this is what I hear:

OLD OLD COUNTRY MUSIC PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND.
Announcer: Welcome to the Grand ol' Opry Variety Hour. I'm your host, Jim Welk (must be a brother of Lawrence Welk) and this hour is brought to you by John Deere Tractors. Today we will be hearing the sweet, sweet crooning of Johnny Stephens. Welcome to our program Johnny.

Johnny: Thanks Jim. It's wonderful to be here and see all the smiling faces in the croud. *Starts singing a little ditty about cows and the sunshine, then breaks into his own song to talk: "Being here with you'all is wonderful. Not as wonderful as being on my farm at this time of year. The leaves are falling. The streams getting colder. All the beautiful colors. . . "

Me to Josh: Is this your new favorite station?
Josh: Yeah. *Smiling and completely serious!*
Me: It reminds me of music our grandparents would listen to!
Josh: I'm so sick of hearing stupid songs like "I kissed a girl" or "I wanna start a fight."
Me: yeah. I kinda like this actually. Music definately does affect people's mood.
Then we kept listening to it until we got to Stake Conference.

We're getting OLD! I've even started to read the obituatuaries on my lunch-break at work!

2 comments:

Williamson Fam said...

Oh that is so funny, my new fav. radio station is 100.7, its pretty much rocks!

Cheeseboy said...

What's wrong with Kissed the Girl? I love The Little Mermaid music!