Sunday, January 4, 2009

Funny Things Josh & my brother Jordan have said. . . In their sleep!

This past Christmas Eve morning as I was just waking up I was laying in bed with my eyes open enjoying the laziness. . . when I heard Josh say "What?"

Now ,I hadn't said anything, so I was contemplating whether or not I should answer that question when Josh spoke again
"What? . . And How?" he said.

Now I knew he was still asleep and must be dreaming. I smiled to myself, thinking of other funny things Josh has said in his sleep.

Here are some other funny things Josh has said or done while asleep:

One afternoon, before we were married, I went over to Josh's parents house to visit him. They told me Josh was taking a nap down in his bedroom. I sneaked into his room, sat on a chair next to his bed and started staring at him. I was hoping he would wake up to see me stare at him. . . Just to freak him out!

Well, Josh is a very sound sleeper and I was contemplating waking him up because I was getting bored, when he started talking in his sleep: "Breaks and Benefits!" he said with a sneer. I woke him up because I had to know what he was dreaming about!

He said he was dreaming that we were out to dinner and there were these guys that were being disruptive. He started getting mad at them because they were being jerks. He said they looked rich. He said he told them that they get all the "breaks and benefits" and think they can do whatever they want!

On our honeymoon Josh sat straight up in bed while in a deep sleep. He then laid back down.

I know there is at least one or two more things Josh has said in his sleep, but unfortunately I can't think of any right now.

I do remember once in high school I came home from working at 11:00 p.m. to see my youngest brother, Jordan, who must've been about 11 years old at the time in the kitchen crying uncontrollably. I watched, a little freaked out, as he poured himself a second glass of milk. I know it was his second glass of milk because he had another full glass of milk sitting right next to the glass he was pouring.

Me: Jordan, what's wrong?
Jordan: Hmmamamamamama (incoherent mumbling while crying uncontrollably)
Me: Do you need Mom?
Jordan: hmamama (nodding yes)

I took Jordan upstairs and woke my mom up to take care of him, then I went to bed.
The next morning when he came down to breakfast my mom and I asked him why he was crying so hard the night before. To our amazement he had no recollection of the event. He had been asleep the whole time!

1 comment:

Cheeseboy said...

Funny. I remember babysitting Jordan once when he was like 4 and I was 12 or something. I put him to sleep, but he came upstairs an hour later. His eyes were open, and he looked SO SCARY! He looked totally possessed. I tried to wake him up, but he wouldn't wake up. Finally, after like 10 minutes of shaking him, he woke up. It was so freaky and never in my life will I ever forget it.

Ah, that Jordan.