
I was blog surfing the other day and came across a friend's blog which she had written as if she was her dog! In other words, from her dog's perspective. Please shoot me if I ever do that!
Now I never was a dog person. But Josh always was, so when he suggested we get a dog, and not only one dog, but he wanted TWO DOGS at first I refused. We were living in a town home, without a yard and Josh wanted a Boxer. I insisted that a Boxer would go stir-crazy in our little home. Finally Josh agreed.
Josh never wanted a small dog because "they're too yappy." Meaning, they bark a lot to make up for the fact that they are not big enough to be intimidating. So Josh began to research different small-breed dogs to ensure we didn't get one that was too "yappy".
Josh came across a breed we had never heard of before: Chinese Imperial. Basically a Shi Tzu, but slightly smaller. The article stated they are quiet, good with children, and love to lay in your lap. We had decided on a breed and started shopping on the internet for our new puppies!
We found a breeder in Texas who sold the dogs for significantly less than other breeders. And in September, 2006 we went to the airport to pick up our little doggies, a girl, and a boy (who supposedly are not related, but we never got the papers to prove it).
We wanted to name them Sawyer and Kate, two of the characters from our favorite show, Lost, but my brother had just married a Kate and we thought it would be rude to name a dog after her. We still named the boy Sawyer, but we decided to name "Kate" Mosie instead.
When we got them they could both fit in one hand. They were so small I was worried I would step on them and crush them!
It's amazing how different they are too! You wouldn't think dogs have different personalities, but they do. And they follow us around where ever we go. The other day I took them to my parents' home while I worked on a quilt. The dogs would follow me from room to room. My dad asked if they follow me everywhere! Pretty much!
And, I'm embarrassed to say, I've turned into that kind of person who calls themselves "Mommy" to their dogs. I didn't really understand why people would do that until I had dogs. But Please! If I ever write a post as Mosie or Sawyer, you are free to make fun of me, and publicly flog me as much as you want!
1 comment:
no wonder mae loves your dog so much! it's named Kate after her mom!
Post a Comment