Thursday, May 14, 2009

Poor Joshy and the Swine Flu?

Yesterday Josh was soooo sick! I felt so bad as he took me to work and had to pull over to puke. I left work early (thanks for the ride home Mom) to go buy Josh some medicine. At 11:00 p.m. Josh had a temperature of 101 degrees! He had slept from 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., when he was up long enough to puke, take some medicine, and take his temperature. Then back to bed. I put cool rags on his back, neck, and legs and made him sleep without any blankets or sheets.

This morning I had him take his temperature again and his fever had broken. He was in bed all day today and just ate his first meal in almost 48 hours. Just a little bit of soup.

I am sooo grateful for cafeteria plans! (Plans at work where you put money into an account all year==which isn't taxed== and then can use a debit card to purchase medical items, medicine, or pay doctors). I bought 3 things of Nyquill, 2 pepto bismols, some anti-diarrhea pills, a thermometer, and some Ibuprophen fever reducer, and two big things of Gatoraid and it only cost me $5.15 because I only had to pay for the gatoraid!

Nice!

6 comments:

Cheeseboy said...

Swine flu or regular flu? Did he get a flu shot this year? How is he feeling now?

Esther said...

We don't know what it was. He's feeling a little better now. No fever. Could've been food poisoning for all I know but the SWINE FLU sounds like it would cause more of a media frenzy and I would get more comments that way!

Cheeseboy said...

Swine flu it is then. (Please keep Josh home Sunday. It sounds so awful - I definitely don't want my kids getting it)

Esther said...

Other than a head ache he is actually feeling a lot better now. But if he's even a little bit sick on Sunday we'll stay home.

Williamson Fam said...

Oooh poor guy, its going around, hope he gets feeling better soon..

The Bennett Family said...

Yuck! Bret has said a lot of people are coming into the pharmacy with all kinds of bugs, way later in the season than usual. Hope Josh is feeling better. You should do recipes on your blog! I don't feel enough like an expert cook to do all kinds of recipes, but I'll do desserts - they're most important in my book!