Okay. I promised myself that if I ever got pregnant I wouldn't complain at all. And I would say that I think my current complaint is probably not pregnancy-related, and just happens to be co-occuring with my pregnancy. So I have a question to all you pregnant, or ever-been-pregnant ladies out there in blogland:
When you were pregnant did you ever experience the following strange symptoms?:
Neck strain/stiffness to the point that you can barely move your neck and have to sleep without a pillow under your head, but two pillows on each side of your head to keep your neck stable while you sleep, to prevent further damage? This has been my life for the past three weeks. I know I pinched my neck in my sleep one night, but I thought it would be better by now.
or. . .
My right thigh has been falling asleep when I'm laying down, and pretty much has been tingling all day, every day for the past three weeks. Now when I sit for a long time then try to walk, my front leg muscle hurts when I walk. The more I walk the better it feels, but the pain is not going away until I sit down. But then the tingling starts again.
or. . .
Crippling back pain by the end of the day? By the end of my day I feel like I'm all hunched over. Sitting up straight kills my back. Stretching helps while I'm stretching, but the minute I'm done stretching my back is aching again. This pain sometimes spreads to my stomach muscles if it lasts too long.
Are these symptoms pregnancy-related? I'm worried mostly because, if these pains don't go away, then my back and my neck pain, and the tingling in my leg can only get worse as my belly grows, putting more strain on my back and stomach muscles, and cutting off more circulation to my leg.
7 comments:
I have never experienced any of thos things during pregnancy, i would strongly reccomend a chiroprator which is completely safe during pregnancy, they arent to expensive and should be able to at least fix your next the first time and some insurancs cover them. That is my advice, i'm sorry it sounds very uncomfortable..
I think there is a book out there - what to expect when you expect to have a baby or something like that. You should look into it.
Some super funky things can happen to your body when you're preggers. Nerves get pinched, joints ache, random pains...blech.
Those symptoms seem like what happens towards the middle or end of pregnancy...but you never know. I would get it checked out or ask your doctor. Sorry, that doesn't sound like fun!
I have definitely had the back pain problem with this prenancy and some of my others, but I don't remember having it too much on my first. Funky things can happen to your body during pregnancy. My joints often get really loose and feel a lot of strain. You could consult your doctor on your next visit or always call and talk to a nurse (and sometimes the doctor).
I always have those issues when I am pregnant. Maybe I am biased, but I think Chiropractors do a world of help in relieving those pains. Seriously, It is like hight and day, before and after an adjustment. You should go to a good prenatal Chiropractor.
the neck thing I used to experience all the time in high school, so I dont' think it is pregnancy related. . . oh and cheese boy is right, the what to expect when you are expecting book is a miracle book, it will tell you everything that might happen at what time during a pregnancy and what you should do and what you should be concerned about. it is great!
Post a Comment