Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Blogger catch-up

I noticed that I haven't blogged in almost two months and thought I'd better catch you up on what has been going on in the Ewell family.
.

 On Halloween we went to Josh's brother's house to play games and have the kiddos go trick-or-treating together.  Josh was busy entertaining the kids.

One day in October Walter and I went with my sister-in-law Heather and her daughter Cambria to Gardner Village to check out their Halloween decore. 



This is where I saw the tackiest Christmas ornament on the planet.

Walter in front of (and behind) pumpkins.
Madam Alexander Wizard of Oz dolls.  Too cute!

And here is a picture of Walter on Sunday, December 5, 2010.  He's getting so big! He weighs in at a whopping 25 pounds, and will be turning 8 months old tomorrow.  He has six teeth, four on the top and two on the bottom.  He's crawling all over the house and is learning to pull himself up. 

Yesterday we lowered his crib before he could learn to pull himself up and thus, fall out.  He's loves to jabber and can now say "Hi", "ba-ba" "Da-da" and now "eye".  For Christmas he will be getting size 18 month clothes (that he needs right now, but I'm stubbornly waiting until Christmas so he'll have something to open).  He's also getting a stuffed doggie, which he named Huey, which we have given in already, with the hope that he will focus his attention on the stuffed dog and not our real-life dogs.  He really did name it Huey.  Josh said to Walter "What do you think his name should be?" And Walter responded "Hew-eaey"  Which sounded enough like Huey to me to have the name stick.

Walter also received a new carseat so we now have two that he fits into.  He no longer fits into his old carrier.  First off, he's too heavy.  Second, even if he's not wearing a coat, the carrier car seat's restraints will no longer buckle if he has a full diaper.  Speaking of diapers, Walter is wearing a size 4. 

My birthday is this weekend.  My parents graciously offered to babysit this weekend while Josh and I go on a much needed date.  We are going to get some BBQ, which I purchased a coupon for online.  $40 worth of food for $20.  What a deal!  Then we're going to go see the new Narnia movie, and/or maybe the new Harry Potter movie depending on what is available. 

Josh is now working at R.C. Willey installing entertainment systems and stuff like that.  He really likes it, but sometimes the hours are rough on him.  He is working full-time, but swing shifts.  But he gets Mondays off and spends the whole day with Walter which he loves. 

1 comment:

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.