When I was 10 I watched "Empire of the Sun" which had a profound effect on me. It instantly became my favorite movie of all time and has been for the past 23 years.
Why? I don't know. I think maybe because I was 10 and the movie was about a boy about my age living in China. I think it was the first movie I ever saw about any kind of war or suffering. If you want to read the synopsis of "Empire of the Sun" click on this link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092965/synopsis
It is interesting to look back now, 23 years later, and realize there were a few up-and-coming actors in the movie who would later become household names. Can you guess who these young boys are?
I thought "Newsies" was the first movie I had ever seen the first boy in. Turns out "Empire of the Sun" was the first I'd seen of this "Bat in the night." That's right, it's Christian Bale.
Can you guess who that second boy is? You've met this Focker before. It's Ben Stiller! I wouldn't have even known by looking at him, and was surprised to read his name in the movie credits on http://www.imdb.com/.



2 comments:
Never seen it, now I need to!
I didn't realize that was Christian Bale and I certainly had no idea that that Focker was in it too.
Post a Comment