For Christmas this past year my siblings and I decided to stop the madness of getting each other gifts. But my brother, Jordan said he still wanted to do something to celebrate. So he came up with the best idea for a sibling Christmas gift ever.
So what is this wonderful gift? Dinner. Not a romantic dinner, but an invitation to dinner at a sibling's home. The rules were simple: A home-made dinner, at the sibling's home, and it must happen before April, 2009. We each drew names and invited the family who's name we drew over for dinner.
Josh and I drew Jacob and Heather. They came over a few weeks ago. I made them Sweet and Sour Chicken and then we played board games until 11:00 p.m. It was really fun to get to know Heather a little better, and they're expecting a baby in mid-March so it was nice to have them over before their lives got really hectic!
On Friday night Josh and I went to my brother Abe's house. We made individual pizzas out of Rhodes frozen roll dough, which Josh and I completely adored! In fact It changed our lives! The next day I bought Rhode's frozen rolls, and all types of pizza topping so we can make our own mini pizzas. Josh says he plans to have them every day for lunch. He's a pizza fanatic!
We had a blast playing games with Abe and Cathi and their two adorable boys, Lincoln and Calder.
Josh and I have had so much fun spending time with my brothers' families. I can't wait to do dinner again. I really think it was the best Christmas gift I've ever received from my siblings. I'm sure it'll be our new tradition every year!
3 comments:
what a great tradition, we need to do that, how fun! And Ryan is a pizza freak to, we'll have to try that one...
Yes, yes. Jordan had a great idea. We did have fun with you guys last night. We will have to do it again soon.
That is a great idea. My siblings and I decided to make each others gifts and it was the best year ever.
Post a Comment